Christopher Petrizzo, Brooklyn NY - Hello everybody!

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

Christopher
asturias_and_me:

Christopher Petrizzo, Brooklyn NY - Hello everybody!

Post by Christopher »

:D My name is Christopher Petrizzo and im 26 years old. I was born in the melting pot that is New York City. I'm half Spaniard. My mother is Lynn Yugueros of Brooklyn,NY and her father Senen Jose Yugueros Beitia was born in the Basque country. Her mother, Julia Arguelles was born in Brooklyn,NY in 1929 . Julias parents were from beautiful green,misty Asturias in Northern Spain. Her father was Francisco Arguelles Diaz ,native of a town outside the city of Oviedo and her mother was born in Santander, Cantabria. I will post all the details about Julias parents in the Geneology section.

I grew up in the Borough of Queens,New York City I attended Catholic school. Im into the arts and learning about the countries of my ancestors .I like most kinds of music..I like to keep an open mind.I like cooking,pets,swimming,traveling..I went to Spain this last late April into early May with friends. I was in Sevilla for a week ,seeing Cadiz,Jerez ,Moron de la Frontera, and Estepa . The Feria in Jerez was magical and colorful..never to be forgotten.After that week I took a train up through Madrid and on up to dark and rainy Asturias.I stayed in a hostal next to the market and Ayuntamiento,had Fabada for the first time,sidre,talked with friendly people in bars over Guinness,visited the Oviedo cathedral where the bishop allowed me and my companion, T Arguelles to look through books of birth and baptismal records.We took pictures of possible family records..not sure tho...drove around Asturias in a rented car and visited Arguelles in Siero,Langreo,Infiesto ,etc.We met a man on the train up and he was friendly and insightful . So we exchanged numbers and finally called him the last night when we arrived in his town ,enchanting Cangas de Onis.At a Sidre house we sampled the finest cheeses in Asturias washing it down with the best sidre..puxa!!!.. One of the last things we did in Asturias was the grand Picos de Europa.Its not too bad I lost all the pictures taken there,because I will go back some day.
----------------------------------------------
Trans. Ana

:D Me llano Christopher Petrizzo y tengo 26 años. Nací en este crisol que es la ciudad de Nueva York. Soy mitad español. Mi madre es Lynn Yudgueros, de Brooklyn (NY), hija de Senen José Yugueros Beitia, nacido en el País Vasco. Su madre, Julia Argüelles nació en Brooklyn (NY) en 1929. Los padres de Julia eran oriundos de la bella, verde y neblinosa Asturias, en el norte de España. Su padre, Francisco Argüelles Díaz era de una ciudad cercana a Oviedo, y su madre nació en Santander (Cantabria). Relataré todos los detalles sobre los padres de Julia en la sección de Genealogía.

Crecí en el distrito de Queens (NYC). Asistí a un colegio católico. Me interesan el arte y aprender sobre los países de mis antepasados. Me gusta casi todo tipo de múscia. Me gusta tener una mente abierta. También me gusta cocinar, los animales, viajar… Viajé a España a finales de abril, principios de mayo con mis amigos. Estuve una semana en Sevilla, Cádiz, Jerez, Morón de la Frontera y Estepa. La Feria de Jerez fue mágica y llena de color, nunca la olvidaré. Después de esa semana cogí un tren a Madrid y subí a la oscura y lluviosa Asturias. Me quedé en un hostal próximo al mercado y al Ayuntamiento, comí fabada por primera vez, bebí sidra y charlé con gente muy amistosa en los bares; visité la catedral de Oviedodonde el obispo nos permitió a mi acompañante, T Arguelles, y a mí consultar los archivos de las partidas de nacimiento y los de fe de bautismo. Sacamos fotografías de posibles archivos de parientes, aunque no estamos seguros… Alquilamos un coche y recorrimos Asturias visitando Argüelles (Siero), Langreo, Infiesto, etc. Conocimos a un hombre en el tren, muy amable, con quien intercambiamos números de telefono. Le llamamos la última noche, cuando llegamos a su ciudad, la encantadora Cangas de Onís. En una sidrería probamos los mejores quesos de Asturias, regados con la mejor sidra… ¡puxa! Una de las últimas cosas que hicimos en Asturias fue visitar los Picos de Europa. No es tan grave que haya perdido todas las fotografías que saqué porque, algún día, regresaré.
Art
Site Admin
asturias_and_me:

Post by Art »

Thanks to the wonderful Ana for translating!

Christopher, you sound like a very good candidate to join the Asturian fanatics here. Welcome to the forum!

-------------------

Gracias a la maravillosa Ana por traducir!

Christopher, parece que serías una candidato muy bueno para unirte con los fanáticos asturianos aquí. ¡Bienvenido al foro!
Anuska
asturias_and_me:

Post by Anuska »

Hi!

You're welcome Art. You're always so kind and nice! It's a pleasure to do some translation work for those who can't do it for themselves.

Regards,

Ana

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”