Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

fernandez1981
asturias_and_me:

Looking for living relatives

Post by fernandez1981 »

Hola a todos,

Mi tartarabuelo was born in Asturias, emigrated to Cuba, then to the USA. Older family members used to visit family in Cuba and Asturias, but those of us who are younger have lost touch. I am looking for any living relatives in Spain or Cuba. Or a little more information about my antepasados.

Mi tartarabuelo: Fernando Fernandez Selgas, born 20 de Agosto 1839 in Loro, Asturias
Died 7 de Agosto 1906 in Bangor, Maine, USA. Arrived in Sangerville, Maine USA in 1863 where he was a farmer and married Francina Caroline Gilman. His father was Manuel Fernandez (an army officer) and his mother was Rita Selgas.
Fernando Fernandez Selgas and Francina Caroline Gilman had four children: Graçia (Grace), Ramón, Ormán, and Imogene.

Fernando Fernandez Selgas had a cousin who also traveled from Spain to Cuba, and later Dover-Foxcroft, Maine/Dover, New Hampshire, USA where he was a farmer. His name was Fernando Meras Selgas, born in Loro, Spain on 30 de Abril 1835. He died 29 de Julio 1909 in Dover, NH. He had been married to Margaret Manning from 1862 until her passing. Fernando Meras Selgas's mother is listed as "Selgas" and father as "Amanvel (?) Meras, a sailor, on his death certificate.

Graçias for any help you can provide, I will be very grateful.

MaryAlice

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”